WJAE accepts original manuscripts in English for publication. Please submit your submission by registering and logging on the Journal's website. This journal does not charge any fees for article submission, processing, or publication. Submitted manuscripts should respect the content, structure, length and format conditions described below. Manuscript submitted to the WJAE will first be considered by the Editorial team to see if meets the minimum standards and the scope of the journal. If Editorial Team decides that it does, the manuscript will go through a double-blind review process, where at least two anonymyous experts will analyze the manuscript. The Editorial Team will make the final decision for acceptance of the manuscript based on the reports of the reviewers. Please also visit our journal's "Publication Ethics and Malpractice" page for additional information on code of practice guides that we commit to follow and expect our authors to follow.
- The paper should be of academic nature.
- The topic should relate to economics, including the contiguous historical, social, and behavioral sciences and statistical as well as mathematical methods related to economics.
- The paper must be complete and downloadable. Abstracts without a downloadable paper are not accepted.
- Advertisements or surveys of contents of some other publication are not accepted.
- Two types of manuscripts can be submitted to WJAE for publication:
- Research Article is a regular full-length article based on original research. The thoroughness of the analysis is required.
- Brief Article may report some important preliminary results within the context of pieces of new research, significant advances, novel aspects of experimental/theoretical methods within the journal scope. The thoroughness of the analysis may not be as high as it would be for a complete paper. It cannot exceed 2500 words, inclusive of tables, references, figure captions, footnotes.
Except for PDF files compiled in Latex, all submitted files MUST be prepared in MS Office Word format.
The submission MUST include three files:
- Title Page:
It should include the title of the manuscript, the abstract, JEL codes, keywords and author information. The abstract should provide an adequate summary of the article (i.e. It should give appropriate details to be of value in understanding the article content). It should also be easy to understand. Author information must include names of all authors, a clear specification of the corresponding author, institutional affiliations of all authors and communication information (mail and e-mail addresses).
- Cover Letter:
The cover letter should address the editorial board and highlight the contribution of the submitted article and why it merits publication.
- Article Text:
The main text of the manuscript should NOT include any author information.
The main text of manuscript should adhere to the following submission formatting rules:
1) All the text should use Times New Roman fonts sized 12. Font size exceptions are available for titles. All text should be typed 1.15 spaced.
2) Manuscripts should start with the title (Times New Roman, size 14, bold, centered, first letter of every word capital).
3) Title should be followed by an abstract (Times New Roman, size 12, italic, single spaced; at most 250 words)
4) Abstract should be folowed three to five JEL codes and three to five keywords.
5) Page numbers should be added at the centre of the bottom of the page.
6) Manuscript should start on the second page.
7) All text must adhere to the following main body format: Times New Roman, size 12, 1.15 spaced.
8) Section and subsection headings must be numbered sequentially. Section headings should be: Times New Roman, size 12, bold, first letter of every word capital. Subsection headings should be Times New Roman, size 12, bold and italic, first letter of first word capital.
9) Tables and Figures should be numbered sequentially. Their titles (captions) should be short, clear and precise. Relevant sources should be acknowledged. Datasource used for the preparation of the table or the figure should be stated under the table or the figure.
10) Table captions should be above the table, format: Times New Roman, size 12, first letter of first word capital. Table body text should be: Times New Roman, size 12, single spaced.
11) Figure captions should be below the figure; format: Times New Roman, size 12, first letter of first word capital.
12) Equations should be numbered. Equation numbers should appear at the right margin, in paranthesis.
13) Footnotes should be evaded, and used only if absolutely necessary. Any relevant information should be embedded in text rather than in a footnote. If used, footnotes should be numbered and each should be at the bottom of each page.
14) Bulleting should be evaded, and used only if absolutely necessary.
15) References should be presented on a seperate page. References and citations should follow the APA rules and guidelines. DOI numbers MUST be available, when available.
16) Use of appendices should be minimised.
17) In cases where the derivation of formulas has been abridged, the full derivation must be presented as an appendix for referee use. The derivations are normally not to be published, unless deemed necessary during the review process.
18) The text MUST be a blind copy. That is, the submitting author(s) names must be removed from the main text. The author's name has also been removed from the document's Properties, is found in the File menu of Microsoft Word.
Please note that these are the submission format rules. If a paper has been accepted for publication, the author(s) are expected to send the graphs in PNG format and the tables in EXCEL format. Submitting authors are recommended to prepare these files, but should not upload unless required explicitly by the Editors.
Alternatively, a manuscript can be submitted by using the Latex article template for authors. For all accepted manuscripts, the Editorial Team uses another template (publication template) which is slightly different than the author template one. Usage of the journal Latex template is strongly recommended in order to both reduce the duration of the copyediting process and to avoid possible conflicts across different class files. The submission process requires PDF versions of a Title Page, a Cover Letter, and the Article Text as separate .tex files for which template files are available on the website. The author(s) should also upload the Latex source files as a single .zip file before finalizing the submission. The source files include all .tex files, the graphs (in PNG format), the tables (either in EXCEL or in seperate .tex files), and the .bib file for the list of references. A Submission without a .bib file will be rejected immediately.