All articles submitted to the WJAE are subjected to a double blinded peer review process to ensure the originality, quality and consistency. Please also visit our journal's "Publication Ethics and Malpractice" page for additional information on code of practice guides that we commit to follow.
The process consists of the following steps:
1. Editorial desk evaluation: Submitted manuscripts are first evaluated by editorial board for originality, consistency and suitability to the scope of the journal. WJAE peer review policy does not allow editors to accept any articles at this stage of the review (i.e. without sending the article to the reviewers) no matter how exceptional it is. However, articles that are insufficiently original, have serious scientific flaws, have poor grammar or English language, or are outside the scope of the journal can be rejected directly by the Editorial Board. Note that board decision is final. Please note that, WJAE uses several software solutions to control the originality of the manuscripts. In case of a serious plagiarism, we reject the manuscript immediately but also keep the right to take any measures related to the issue, including the notification of the authorities in the authors' institutions and/or elsewhere.
2. If article passes the desk evaluation, then it is assigned to a section editor, who is a member of the editorial team. The assigned section editor then sends the manuscript to at least two reviewers who is a well demonstrated expert in the field of the manuscript with relevant publications and/or other scientifically acceptable outputs. Reviewers are expected to hold a Ph.D. or, in rare cases, have at least 10 years of working experience in the relevant field with proven proficiency. Reviewers are given 6 weeks to complete their reviews. However note that in some cases it can take longer than 6 weeks for some articles to be reviewed. After 6 weeks, WJAE sends regular reminders to the reviewers.
3. Once the review reports are received, editorial board evaluates the reports and makes a decision based on the reviewers comments and suggestions.
4. The authors are notified about the decision.
4.a) If the decision is "Accept as it is" then authors are supplied with a copy editing version and asked to start the proof reading. Proofreading process should be completed within 2 weeks, latest.
4.b) If the decision is "Revisions Required" then authors are asked to revise their manuscript according to the reviewers' comments. The revised version submitted by the authors is evaluated by the editorial board and a final decision is made to accept or reject for publication. Note that editorial board will evaluate the revised manuscript according to the reviewers' comments. Hence we urge the authors to address each specific point made by the reviewers, and justify their responses where appropriate. Listing how the authors have responded to each of the reviewers' comments is also considered as a good practice. The revision process should be completed within 2 weeks, latest.
4.c) If the decision is "Resubmit for Review", then authors are asked to revise their manuscript according to the reviewers' comments. The revised version is sent back to the reviewers for the second round of review. Reviewers then write a new report and editorial board makes a decision based on the new report. Note that, the final decision will be made on the final quality of the manuscript, rather than the progress made by the authors. The resubmission for review should be done within 4 weeks, latest.
4.d) If the decision is "Reject" or "Not suitable for WJAE" the author will be notified together with the reviewers reports to help them to improve their manuscript. In the latter case, when possible, we will ask reviewers to suggest a relevant journal to the author.
5. Once review process is completed with an "Accept" decision the authors will be asked to cooperate with WJAE editorial desk for copy-editing and proof-reading for timely publication of their article.
Note that decisions of the Editorial Board who are responsible for the final decision are final. Further, note that editorial board might change its decision if the due dates are not respected.
If you would like to become a reviewer for WJAE please contact with the Editorial desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that our reviewers are entitled to a conference fee waiver for the EconWorld International Conference that is organized twice a year. Please visit econworld.org to see the details about the next conference.