WJAE accepts original manuscripts in english for publication. Please submit your submission by registering and logging into this website. Submitted manuscripts should respect the content, structure, length and format conditions described below. Manuscript submitted to the WJAE will first be considered by the Editorial team to see if meets the minimum standards and the scope of the journal. If Editorial Team decides that it does, the manuscript will go through a double-blind review process, where at least two anonymyous experts will analyze the manuscript. The final decision for acceptance of the manuscript will be made by Editorial Team based on the reports of the reviewers.
- The paper should be of academic nature.
- The topic should relate to economics, including the contiguous historical, social, and behavioral sciences and statistical as well as mathematical methods related to economics.
- Advertisements or surveys of contents of some other publication are not accepted, but review articles are.
- The paper must be complete and downloadable. Abstracts without a downloadable paper are not accepted.
Articles in English are accepted. Articles should be submitted online through the Journal’s submission system. Submissions must consist of MS Office Word files.
The submission should include three files: a Title Page file, a Cover Letter file and the main text of the manuscript (Article Text). The title page should include: the title of the manuscript, the abstract, JEL codes, keywords and author information. Author information must include: names of all authors, a clear specification of the corresponding author, institutional affiliations of all authors and communication information (snail and electronic mail addresses). The cover letter should address the editorial board and highlight the contribution of the submitted article and why it merits publication.
Main texts of submissions should adhere to the following submission formatting rules:
1. All the text should use Times New Roman fonts sized 12. Font size exceptions are available for titles. All text should be typed 1.15 spaced.
2. Manuscripts should start with the title (Times New Roman, size 14, bold, centered, first letter of every word capital).
3. Title should be followed by an abstract (Times New Roman, size 12, italic, single spaced; at most 250 words)
4. Abstract should be folowed three to five JEL codes and three to five keywords.
5. Page numbers should be added at the bottom, center.
6. Manuscript should start on the second page.
7. All text must adhere to the following main body format: Times New Roman, size 12, 1.15 spaced.
8. Section and subsection headings must be numbered sequentially. Section headings should be: Times New Roman, size 12, bold, first letter of every word capital. Subsection headings should be Times New Roman, size 12, bold and italic, first letter of first word capital.
9. Tables and Figures should be numbered sequentially. Their titles (captions) should be short, clear and precise. Relevant sources should be acknowledged. Datasource used for the preparation of the table or the figure should be stated under the table or the figure.
10. Table captions should be above the table, format: Times New Roman, size 12, first letter of first word capital. Table body text should be: Times New Roman, size 12, single spaced.
11. Figure captions should be below the figure; format: Times New Roman, size 12, first letter of first word capital.
12. Equations should be numbered. Equation numbers should appear at the right margin, in paranthesis.
13. Footnotes should be evaded, and used only if absolutely necessary. Any relevant information should be embedded in text rather than in a footnote. If used, footnotes should be numbered and each should be at the bottom of each page.
14. Bulleting should be evaded, and used only if absolutely necessary.
15. References should be presented on a seperate page. References and citations should follow the APA rules and guidelines. DOI numbers MUST be available, when available.
16. Use of appendices should be minimised.
17. In cases where the derivation of formulas has been abridged, the full derivation must be presented as an appendix for referee use (The derivations are normally not to be published, unless deemed necessary during the review process).
18. The text MUST be a blind copy. That is, the submitting author(s) names must be removed from the main text. The author's name has also been removed from the document's Properties, is found in the File menu of Microsoft Word.
Please note that the are the SUBMISSION format rules. If a paper has been accepted for publication, the Editoral Board will request a more detailed format preparation prior to publication. At that stage, the author(s) may be asked for the graphs in PNG formats, the data behind figures in EXCEL and the tables in EXCEL. Submitting authors are recommended to prepare these files, but should not upload unless required explicitly by the Editors.